LASER TEETH WHITENING EPIC™
People who smile are perceived as being more beautiful, regardless of their age. Smiling helps to relieve both physical and mental stress while making us look more healthy and calm.
But what can we do when our smile does not have the color that we want? It’s easy, the answer is laser teeth whitening.
Smoking, improper eating habits such as drinking coffee or red wine, some antibiotics administered during childhood or simply ageing can result in the color changes of our teeth resulting in a yellow-with tint. As we age discoloration of the teeth appears different due to the natural ageing process. So, for most of us, teeth whitening may mean regaining a bright vibrant and young smile. Few, however, are those who are willing to wait 10 to 12 weeks in order to whiten their teeth at home, and because time is extremely important for all of us today, laser teeth whitening professionally performed in our dental practice is the time saving and extremely advantageous solution.
The Laser Teeth Whitening procedure is extremely simple. A bleaching gel containing hydrogen peroxide is being used and activated by the laser light making the results astonishing. The entire procedure is simple and extremely comfortable for the patient, also being, safe and fast.
Since January 2015 our dental office provides you with the best Dental Whitening solution – EPIC ™, the latest innovation form BIOLASE, which is considered to be one of the best medical laser devices developed specifically for dental offices.
The advantages of using the EPIC ™ laser system:
- Shortens the treatment time – the average time for teeth whitening is 20 minutes
- It is the most effective , minimally invasive solution available
- Whitens teeth up to 10 shades
- The results last longer if you comply with the rules of hygiene
- This device avoids developing excess heat thus promoting patient comfort, safety, and self-confidence
- It is the only laser diode that meets FDA approval – USA (Food and Drug Administration) for three distinct types of treatment: soft tissue treatment , dental whitening and biostimulation / pain therapy
- With up to 10W power available, EPIC ™ increases the patient comfort and takes the ComfortPulse modes to a new level. Higher power output also allows improved and more complete results in pain therapy and dental bleaching, and delivers the shortest and the most powerful micro-pulses currently available for diode laser systems .
- EPIC ™ has the U.S.A. FDA approval for pain therapy, an exclusive option dental diode lasers. Using Deep Tissue- DTHP handpiece completely designed to control important parameters such as the spot size, doctors have EPIC ™ capabilities to eliminate minor temporary pain in oral maxillofacial region.
It is imperative to consult the dentist before bleaching,. In addition, cavities must be cleaned and coated with dental cement before the dental whitening procedure .Once the dental bleaching procedure is complete the final restauration can be placed (filling), so that it wil be consistent with the new color of the teeth. Furthermore as a preliminary step the patient should undergo prophylactic treatment consisting of scaling, soft tissue anti-inflammatory treatment and professional cleaning.