Baby Teeth – Eruption
[rev_slider pedodontie-stomatologie-copii-510-217] [hr_shadow][grandmp3 id=11253 autoplay=false]
BABY TEETH – ERUPTION
Baby teeth begin to form before birth, during the intrauterine life. Earliest, at 4 months old the first baby teeth to erupt are the lower incisors followed closely by the upper incisors.. The whole baby teeth dentition comprises 20 teeth, 5 on each half of dental arch, in the following order: central incisors> lateral incisors> canines> temporary molar 1> temporary molar 2.
The permanent teeth begin to erupt at about 6 years. These are the lower incisors and molars. This process continues until about 21 years old. It ends with the eruption of the 3-rd molars- the wisdom teeth. Some molars may not even erupt, and remain partially erupted, or included in the bone all life long.
Dental eruption is earlier at girls than the boys, following the general development of the body and depends on a lot of factors, nutrition and genetics being the most important.
[hr] THE ROLE OF BABY TEETH [hr]
Baby teeth or the primary teeth are important for:
- An adequate mastication and feeding.
- Provide space for the permanent teeth and guide them into a correct position.
- A normal development of maxilla bones and muscles.
- Influence speech development and participate in creating a pleasant appearance.
It is important to mantain the good health of the milk teeth. The neglected cavities of the baby teeth can harm the development of the permanent teeth resulting in shape, volume or structural disturbance. The early loss of the baby teeth will lead to abnormalities in permanent teeth eruption by lack of space ( malposition and crowded teeth). Moreover, untreated cavities can have a negative effect on the overall development, causing mastication problems. [hr]
BABY TEETH CARE
The hygenisation of the oral cavity must begin together with the eruption of the first baby teeth and adjusted along its development using age proper products.
When you teach your children to brush their teeth pay attention to the following recommendations:
- Put the toothbrush at an angle of 45 degrees on the surface of the teeth.
- Begin with a slight brushing from the gum line with gentle circular movement.
- Brush the external side of every tooth.
- Repeat the same procedure for the internal side of the teeth and gums.
- We recommend you use toothbrushes adapted to their age.
[top_link]to beginning[/top_link] [hr_shadow][button url=”https://www.llldental.ro/en/contact/” target=”_self” size=”small” style=”tealgrey” ]BABY TEEH|Bucharest Romania[/button]