Before and After Dental Implants – Bucharest
[rev_slider inainte-si-dupa-implant-slide-720×306] [hr_shadow] [grandmp3 id=11253 autoplay=false]
RECOMMENDATION TO BE FOLLOWED BEFORE AND AFTER DENTAL IMPLANTS ARE INSERTED
THE ROLE OF ANTIBIOTICS BEFORE AND AFTER DENTAL IMPLANTS INSERTION PROCEDURE
Antibiotic treatment is recommended before and after dental implants is inserted, as well as in bone graft procedures and plays a key role in the success of the surgery. Lack of antibiotic treatment elevates the risk for infections. The treatment must be started before surgery. Prevention of infections is crucial during post-op treatment.
With sinus surgery, a strong antibiotic must be paired with nasal decongestant (e.g. Bixtonim) to avoid development of sinusitis. The decongestant must be in the form of drops, not spray and it is to be used according to medical advice before and after dental implants are inserted. Any actions which might cause pressure on the sinuses must be avoided, it is important that you don’t blow your nose, don’t sneeze with your mouth closed and don’t use a straw when drinking.
Prior to surgery, rinse your mouth with chlorhexidine mouthwash in order to reduce the number of intra-oral microorganisms. Repeated use of this mouthwash for 2-3 weeks after surgery is a key factor in a correct healing process.
[accordion active=”1″] [slide name=”The Day Before The Implant Surgery”]
THE DAY BEFORE THE IMPLANT SURGERY
- Rinse your mouth with chlorhexidine mouthwash several times (5 times for 2 minutes)
- The night before, at 9 p.m., take a pill of 1000 mg Augmentin.
- For surgery on the upper jaw which comprises the sinus area, use nose drops (Rinofug, Bixtonim etc ) 2 drops in every nostril after surgery as well. Stay away from nasal sprays, because since you will need to continue the treatment after surgery, you want to avoid putting pressure in the area.
[slide name=”The Day Of The Surgery – Before The Implant”]
THE DAY OF THE SURGERY- BEFORE THE IMPLANT
- At 9 a.m., take a second 1000 mg Augmentin pill.
- Wear casual clothes and eat lightly.
- When you get to the doctor’s office, take a third Augmentin pill and an anti-inflammatory drug (e.g. Nurofen Forte 400 mg).
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly with chlorhexidine mouthwash and put 2 more drop of Rinofug or Bixtonim into every nostril.
[slide name=”After The Implant – Same Day”]
AFTER THE IMPLANT- SAME DAY
- When the anesthetic starts to fade away, take some pain killers (e.g. Algocalmin).
- After 4 hours, take an anti-inflammatory (Nurofen Forte).
- Then, every 4 hours, alternate Algocalmin and Nurofen, for 3 days.
- Immediately after surgery, we recommend you apply cold bandages or ice for 3 days, to reduce or eliminate swelling. If you skip this step, you might wake up with a massive swelling on day three. Generally, the swelling goes away after 5-7 days.
- Apply antiseptic gels (Elugel) and healing (Gengigel) gels on the wound, 4-5 times a day, without massaging.
- Don’t wash your teeth and don’t rinse.
- 2 hours after surgery, you may eat soft food and drink water/juice/tea at room temperature. Don’t drink sparkling water or soft drinks right after surgery!
- If the sinuses have been affected, use nose drops for the following week and avoid any activities which might exert pressure on the respiratory airways.
- Don’t blow your nose.
- Sneeze with your moth open.
- Don’t exercise or do sports.
- Don’t keep your head upside down.
- Elevate your pillow.
- Don’t drink alcohol or soft drinks.
- Smoking is prohibited! If you can’t quit, try to refrain for a while so you won’t jeopardies the healing process
[slide name=”The Night After The Surgery”]
THE NIGHT AFTER THE SURGERYAt 9 pm, take an antibiotic, (Augmentin 1mg) and one Metronidazole pill, if the doctor recommended it. [/slide] [slide name=”The Days Following The Implant”]
THE DAYS FOLLOWING THE IMPLANT
- Follow the doctor’s instructions with respect to medication.
- Apply the gels.
- Carefully rinse your mouth with chlorhexidine mouthwash.
[top_link]to beginning[/top_link] [hr_shadow][button url=”https://www.llldental.ro/en/contact/” target=”_self” size=”small” style=”tealgrey” ]BEFORE AND AFTER DENTAL IMPLANTS|Bucharest Romania[/button]